- Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, Southern Methodist University. 2007
- Master's Computer Engineering, University of Florida. 1996
- Master's Applied Marine Physics, University of Miami. 1995
- Bachelor’s Electronic & Communication Systems, Xi’an Jiaotong University (China). 1989
Research Associate, Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute at Florida Atlantic University.
December 2009 – present
Algorithm Engineer, DLP Division, Texas Instruments, Inc.
2002 – 2009
Software System Engineer, KFAB, Texas Instruments, Inc.
1996 – 2002
Application of compressive sensing theory in underwater imaging applications
Serial laser imaging using compressive sensing and a digital micro-mirror device (DMD)
Computer vision in underwater laser imaging applications
- Light field rendering
- Data fusion and mosaic of 3-D scenes
Real-time environmental monitoring and events detection
Application of electro-optic imaging numerical model and deconvolution technique in image enhancement and pulse resolution improvements
Synchronization of illuminator and detector in bi-static underwater laser imaging environment via image content analysis
Oil detection using DMD-based hyper-spectral imaging