Empowering You for Life
Welcome to FAU Counseling and Psychological Services!
We recognize that college is exciting, but sometimes stressful. Many students encounter situations that are difficult to handle. Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) at FAU is a caring, confidential service included in the student fees of currently enrolled students. All of our counselors have had training and experience specific to working with college students. CAPS can help you make sense of your problems and create new ways of looking at situations.To get started at CAPS, please call us or stop by to schedule an appointment.
How Do I Know If I Need Counseling?
• I am feeling depressed
• I am having difficulty with anxiety
• I cannot handle my schoolwork
• I am having problems in my relationships
• I am thinking about or talking about suicide
• I am questioning who I am
• I am having problems adjusting to a new culture
• I am struggling with guilt
• I am feeling lonely or homesick
• I am concerned about my weight and body image